- Very easy to use
- Active protection
- Save time and money
- Have been used successfully in the auto
industry for more than seven decades
- Usage tips
- Available formats
Corrosion protection with Ströbel VCI paper
Very easy to use! Our VCI paper provides top notch corrosion protection for most high quality ferrous and nonferrous metals. The product was developed specially to protect metals that are stored over lengthy periods and/or that are shipped.
Our VCI paper is ideal for car parts, heavy devices and machinery, and other finished metal components that need to be kept clean and corrosion free during cross-border shipping. Our VCI paper packaging is made of kraft paper impregnated with an extremely high quality VCI.
VCI paper is
- a proven chemical anti-corrosion solution
- safe and easy to use
- obviates the need for oil and other conventional corrosion protection measures
- complies with the RoHS directive and with the German TRGS-615 regulation
Never use VCI products without obtaining expert advice beforehand. Feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to provide you with the information you need.
- Once products are clean and dry, package them as soon as possible.
- Always wear gloves when packaging metal parts, which should be clean and free of fingerprints prior to packaging.
- Maintain amaximum 30 cmclearance between VCI packaging and metal surfaces. Additional VCI products can be used for larger packaging units.
- Rule of thumb: One square meter of VCI provides protection for one to three square meters of metal surface or one cubic meter of packaging space
- The lifetime of VCI protection is strongly affected by whether additional packaging is used, as well as by ambient conditions during the shipping and warehousing phases.
- The protective atmosphere normally forms inside the packaging within around 24 hours, depending on the ambient temperature.
- VCI packaging can be briefly opened for monitoring purposes, as the protective atmosphere regenerates from the VCI packaging compound.
- VCI-protected products can be used right out of the package; the protective film quickly vaporizes without leaving any residue.
- When storing VCI-protected products, make sure they are well packaged and keep them in a cool, dry place that is not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Never use more than one VCI compound in the same packaging, as this can result in chemical interactions.
In case of doubt concerning the use of VCI products, feel free to contact us. We’ll be more than happy to analyze your packaging process and provide you with advice » on site.
- Basic format: 750 x 1000 mm
- Other sizes are available by special order
- Standard roll width: 1 meter (50 kilogram rolls)
- Other widths area available by special order