VCI film coverings
- Very easy to use
- For machines and installations
- Moisture resistant
- Moisture repellent
- Usage tips
Very easy to use
Corrosion protection with Ströbel VCI films
Protect your product with VCI film hoods. Various VCI hood formats can be used, depending on the size of your product:
- inserts for crates
- coverings for machines
VCI film hoods are a quick and reliable solution for the protection of your metal components, machinery, motors and installations. Just pull the hood over your machine, seal the covering, and that’s it! VCI products and coverings are very easy to use: Evaporation of the VCI compound coats the packaged products with a film that protects these elements (including difficult to reach areas such as boreholes and the like) against corrosion.
This saves you time and money, because there’s no need to oil or wax the parts – which of course also no longer have to be cleansed of oil or wax.
Various formats can be used, depending on the type of product:
- Once products are clean and dry, package them as soon as possible.
- Always wear gloves when packaging metal parts, which should be clean and free of fingerprints prior to packaging.
- Maintain amaximum 30 cmclearance between VCI packaging and metal surfaces. Additional VCI products can be used for larger packaging units.
- Rule of thumb: One square meter of VCI provides protection for one to three square meters of metal surface or one cubic meter of packaging space
- The lifetime of VCI protection is strongly affected by whether additional packaging is used, as well as by ambient conditions during the shipping and warehousing phases.
- The protective atmosphere normally forms inside the packaging within around 24 hours, depending on the ambient temperature.
- VCI packaging can be briefly opened for monitoring purposes, as the protective atmosphere regenerates from the VCI packaging compound.
- VCI-protected products can be used right out of the package; the protective film quickly vaporizes without leaving any residue.
- When storing VCI-protected products, make sure they are well packaged and keep them in a cool, dry place that is not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Never use more than one VCI compound in the same packaging, as this can result in chemical interactions.
In case of doubt concerning the use of VCI products, feel free to contact us. We’ll be more than happy to analyze your packaging process and provide you with advice » on site.
VCI film coverings
Block bottom hood
360° Example: box hood made of VCI material
Transport & corrosion protection. Click and drag to change view